Saturday, May 06, 2006

6th Grade Shoes



Apparently shoes are very, very important to a 6th grade boy...A few weeks ago Glenn, Aaron & I were on our way to Glenns softball game when I had a great idea. I decided to drop Glenn off at his game and take Aaron to get a new pair of shoes. You see Aaron has been going through shoes like I crazy. He seems to wear one shoe out faster than the other and he tells me this is because of how he rides his skateboard. I kept telling him I'm not buying you new shoes every month so you better make them last. He's made them last alright he's been wearing two different shoes for the past three months. They were both black so I don't feel to bad but still they weren't even a pair. So here's how my plan unfolded, I dropped Glenn off at his game and I told Aaron that I needed to exchange something at the store. As we were getting back on to the highway he looked at me and said were are we going? I said to Bill's Wheels to get you a new pair of shoes. His mouth dropped open and he said "Are you Kidding?" I smiled and said nope and then he said "You Swear?" and I said yes Aaron I swear..... This picture is of a very, very happy 6th grader

8 comments:

Terry said...

Oh how I remember how happy just the thought of a new item to wear made the girls! Enjoy the shoes Aaron, and let's start wearing a matched pair! (of course, we know that your cousin Meghan recently wore unmatched shoes to work..., it must run in the family!) Love, Terry

Anonymous said...

What a cool mom! That is pretty hilarious that he has been wearing 2 different shoes, but I think as long as he is aware of it and doesnt do it accidentally he's is the clear from being as crazy as me!

erin said...

Love that picture! What a cool mural! Next time I'm out there we're definitely going to go hunting for some cool photo ops!

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»