Monday, May 29, 2006

Daughters

To start out I would first and foremost like to say I love my boys and I would not trade them in for anything or anyone in this world. With that said I would also like to say if you have a daughter you are one of the luckiest women I know. Here are a few reasons: you will always be taken care of, she will always tell you if you're wearing the wrong clothes or if you have something in your teeth, you will be the only person in her cell phone under the name of mom, she really dose care about what you think even if she says she doesn't, and the number one reason is.....you tell me she's your daughter. I'm not sad about not having a daughter in fact I always use to tell myself I only want boys because I wanted to be the only girl in my house. To tell you the truth I really don't need a daughter I have a family full of them: Meghan, Deedee, Sheri, Katie, Kali, Melia, Sarah, and soon to be Charlotte. So in closing I would just like to say if you are a mother of one of these very strong very special women/girls you are very, very lucky which..... you already know.


4 comments:

Dave said...

Im speechless, that was such a sweet post, but I have to say, as far as sons go, you have the two best ones out there...(dont worry, Im pretty sure Noah will take care of you when your old!):)

Terry said...

Love it! You know I will share my daughters with you anytime! And even though you are their Aunt Lu, I think they think of you as a second mom! I love you, Lori! And, by the way, your boys are the best! Love, Terry

erin said...

wow...you come up with the coolest things to blog about. I'm definitely printing this one out when I get home! Love you!

Anonymous said...

AMEN! As a mother of two boys also - who always thought I wanted boys - the older I get the more I know I would have appreciated a daughter. It's like a built-in best friend for life! I love my boys more than anything, but boys can suck!!!