Saturday, May 06, 2006

He's Still Got It!





Yesterday the boys and I went over to Mom & Dads to eat pizza and to see Meghan & Dave get their big surprise. Dad had made a cradle for Charlotte (who arrives in July). Needless to say they loved it and were overwhelmed with emotion and joy. My Dad is 72 years old and has always been Mr. Fix it. As long as I can remember he was either building something, helping someone fix something or fixing something for me. I feel so lucky to have watched him through out the years fixing things. Because of him I know how to snake a drain, change my oil, install a faucet, use an electric drill and so many other things. But as long as he's around I'll be asking him to do it. And as far as concerned "He's My Dad and He Can Do Anything"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so lucky to have such and creative and handy grandpa, the cradle will be an heirloom in our family that Charlotte will pass down to her kids and grandkids, she is so luck to have such a sweet great grandpa! Every time I rock her in it I will think of all the work in sawing and sanding that my grandpa's hands put into it.(Of course with the donation of the wood and finishing by her fabulous great aunt lori!)
Thanks Grandpa!

Terry said...

It is beautiful. I can't wait to see our baby in it. We are all proud to say we are "John Keith's Daughters and Granddaughters and Great grandaughters!

Love, Terry

erin said...

I wish I could have been there to see the surprise on Meghan's face, the excitement on yours, and the pride on Grandpa's! By the way, your writing has gotten really good. I really enjoyed the way you pieced this story together.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Love the craddle. Your dad is so good. I once had a dad, as yours. Yes, there are other Mr. "Fix Its!" They are in a class of their own!
I have one of your dad's creations...a wooden reindeer with nuts and rope, for "PARTS", Anatomicaly correct! Just love it!
Love You....