Friday, June 23, 2006

SEVENTEEN!

Today is Noah’s birthday and it makes me cry to think about it. I really can't tell you why this birthday is so sad for me it just is. When I think back on the past seventeen years they seem to be a blur, but there are a few memories still fresh in my mind that I would like share..... When he was a year old, he used to point at the top of the refrigerator and say "I have a tootie?" (that's where we kept the cookies), when he was two his Aunt Terry asked him "who's the best mom in the world and he pointed at me and then she asked whose the best Dad in the world and he said my Dad then she asked him the most important question of all... Who's the best Aunt Terry in the world and he replied "WELL YOU"RE NOT"! (that's a classic!) When he was a Ninja at three and used to wear one of my old purse straps on his head (see picture below) When he was three and a half and decided he was going to ride the exercise bike to Grandma Dixie’s house (see picture below), when he was four he stuck a Lego up his nose because his best friend Stephanie told him to, when he was six he used to think his grandpa John picked plums because he was a plumber, when he was ten and found out their was no Santa, and was concerned that if he didn't know that, and he got married and his wife didn't know that, then his kids wouldn't get any gifts.
In closing I would just like to say as the mother of this kind hearted, fun, loving and smart teenager, I am one of the luckiest moms in the world.

.....................................



......................................


Happy Birthday Noah.......I love you more than you'll ever know.

6 comments:

erin said...

Way to get the tears flowing! That was seriously beautiful. You better print that out for Noah's book. I love that boy.

Terry said...

I'm with Deed, crying, and thinking about what a great kid Noah is. He's the "best Noah in the whole world" even if I'm not the best Aunt Terry! Happy Birthday Noah!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those memories, as the days just fly by and before you know it, Noah will be on his own. When that time comes, just remember, you did the best you knew how and life goes on.
Love You.....
Happy Birthday, Noah!

Dave said...

Noah Balboa is the coolest kid! Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

I just hate it when our kids grow up!! Now I know how my dad felt and why he never wanted me to move out. I miss the days when they were little and snuggly and could curl up on your lap...

Anonymous said...

Boy, did those pictures ever bring back the memories! And you did a beautiful job describing Noah, Lori. We are all so lucky to have Noah in our lives. Happy Birthday NOAH! You're
the BEST!

Love, Auntie Elana